Cat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hearts from different animals?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MowMow 
#1 ·
Hi there, my cat (our first, we have raw fed dogs for years but now have a cat!) has really taken to chicken hearts, which I mix with EzComplete Fur Cats to make my life easier for now. My question: if I were to use hearts from different animals (chicken, pork, beef) is that enough of a “protein variety” necessary when feeding raw?

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Since you are using the supplement to make up for what your kitty isn't getting from the food, I'd say you can feed any raw heart or other muscle meat. You can really mix it up. Cornish game hens work well. I don't feed raw daily any longer but once a week my boys each get a raw cleaned quail I buy from the local grocery store (they sell them in packs of 12). It's some fun and good crunching for them.

Lots of times if you have a local butcher they'll have some stuff good muscle meat in their freezers they are anxious to get rid of. We fed our dog like that for years from the local buffalo farm's butcher shop. :p Every few months they'd call us and we'd go over and get a grab bag of goodies for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.