Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone! This is my first post :p !

I have been "lurking" on the forums for a few months now and I have learned SO much about cats that I didn't know before. I am so impressed with all the loving cat parents on this forum - you all have made me laugh and cry with your touching stories and pictures of your kitties!

So I finally decided to join in the fun and introduce you all to MY crazy cats! :kittyturn

A little background on me: I was laid off from my job in December of 2009 and moved back in with my parents in February - it's been quite the adjustment since I have been living on my own for 10 years! But I'm very grateful they gave me a place for me AND my two cats to stay until I get back on my feet! They are good peeps! :wink Especially considering they have two cats of their own!

So now we have 4 cats in the house which has been pretty crazy for the last 5 months - my mom calls it Wild Kingdom! LOL

I only have pics of 3 of the four: Missing is Macy Gray (my mom's gorgeous 12 year old female brown tabby is camera shy so I will try to post a pic of her later!)

Here is my mom's 2 year old Tuxedo cat Maggie May. We adopted her about a year ago from the APL. She is the sweetest cat - she loves to talk and has a really funny scratchy meow. She is an EXPERT bug catcher! LOL No bug has a chance against her in this house! She does a funny thing with her food - she licks the juice from the bowl first and then uses her little white paws to "spear" the chunks and put them in her mouth! Hysterical! She also has the most awesome whiskers ever! I mean these things are sooo long!

(CLICK ON THE PICS TO MAKE THEM BIGGER!!)

maggiewhiskers2010.jpg
maggieplaying.jpg

This is MY 8 year old male Baxter. He was adopted from the APL when he was 8 weeks old. He was in a cage with two of his brothers who were also all black but Baxie was the smallest and had been born with a hernia so his little belly was shaved and he still had his stitches in :cry:
I felt so bad for the little guy so I picked him over the others. His nickname was Frankenbelly until his belly healed! He is a very sweet boy but he's very shy and only likes me - everyone else knows to just leave him alone! He sleeps on a pillow right by my head everynight and like to wrap himself around my arm while he sleeps :love2

Baxter.jpg

And finally my big orange male tabby Pele (pronounced Pay-lay)!! I am convinced this cat is my feline soul mate! He is 9 and I adopted him about a year after I moved into my first apartment. I really wanted a male orange tabby and went to the APL to look at the kittens. When I got there they told me they had ONE kitten left and took me over to a counter where two little kids were playing with this adorable orange tabby kitten!! He was the only kitten they had and he was EXACTLY what I wanted! He is my buddy and my nemesis! LOL He is VERY clever and really knows how to get what he wants. He isn't much of a lap cat but we really have a strong bond. We "get" each other somehow - hard to explain but I swear he can read my mind sometimes!

He LOVES getting his picture taken so I have more of him than the others!

Peletreeskirt.jpg
PeleWindow2010.jpg
Peleblackandwhite.jpg
Pelesleeping.jpg

Thanks for letting me share and I hope you enjoy their pics as much as I enjoy looking at all of your fur babies!

:smiles
Ramey

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Awww I love black and white kitties and orange. They are so pretty and handsome! Very precious, thanks for sharing!!

·
Super Moderator
26,343 Posts

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks kitty witty! :p

I checked out your pics of Oreo and Little Pumpkin! :love2 Oh my GOSH are they gorgeous! Such pretty markings!

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks marie! I have been admiring YOUR cats for a few months now! They are stunners!

I want to come steal Gigi and Cinderella - I have always wanted a cat with blue eyes!!

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lovely babies :grin:. Baby's a bug catcher too :wink , but really she'll look for them and I'll catch them. :lol:
LOL! Maggie actually catches and kills them herself - I found a dead cricket in the middle of the dining room floor this morning! Ick!

We did have a bee in the house today she was stalking so I had to get rid of it myself before the poor kitty got stung!

ps - Baby is gorgeous! I'm always mesmerized by your sig pic - so sparkly!! LOL

·
Banned
11,031 Posts
LOL! Maggie actually catches and kills them herself - I found a dead cricket in the middle of the dining room floor this morning! Ick!

We did have a bee in the house today she was stalking so I had to get rid of it myself before the poor kitty got stung!

ps - Baby is gorgeous! I'm always mesmerized by your sig pic - so sparkly!! LOL
Actually, I think Baby kills bugs too, but I've never seen it 8O. Only heard about it :lol: . Thank you! :kittyturn

·
Banned
11,031 Posts
No, what I mean is that I heard about it from my sister, she tells me about it. Lol, Baby doesn't meow about it. :lol::wink But I did see her catch a butterfly and birds before.

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ohhhhh! LOL :wink

Our cats are indoor ony but when I was little we had outdoor kitties and one of them was kind enough to bring me home a decapitated baby bunny!! 8O

Brought it right up on my bed - I was pretty traumatized! LOL :?

·
Super Moderator
26,343 Posts
I have always wanted a cat with blue eyes!!
Sorry, Gigi is a definite Mommy's girl. But cats with blue eyes are very, very special. And black kitties. And calicos. :)

·
Super Moderator
26,343 Posts
Thanks, I've wanted an orange boy for quite some time now, but I fear my girls would smother me in my sleep and then everyone would think that old wives' tale is true. So I just live through everyone here with a ginger boy.

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You have a wonderful cat family. How lucky that when you moved back home that all of the kitties settled in well together.
Well it hasn't really been so easy...there is a lot of hissing and chasing going on but they have all survived! LOL

My little black cat Baxter is getting picked on by one of my mom's females and his own brother Pele (they got along fine when it was just the two of them)!!

They try to bully him when he uses the litter box and eats so I brought him his own box and food/water bowls up to my room so he can feel at ease. He mostly stays up here now. I'm not a fan of the litter box in my bedroom but I felt so bad for him being terrorized every time he tried to go potty.

I just keep telling him it's only temporary and we will have our own place again someday. I think he understands! :wink

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, I've wanted an orange boy for quite some time now, but I fear my girls would smother me in my sleep and then everyone would think that old wives' tale is true. So I just live through everyone here with a ginger boy.
Ginger boys are really fun but they can be ORNERY!! Pele is always up to no good - most of the time it's amusing but sometimes frustrating! He can also be a real mama's boy too...kind of like a human 12 year old boy! LOL

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks October! Maggie is the first Tuxedo kitty we have had and she is an angel! Seriously the sweetest, funniest cat we have ever had! Her paws are white but her pads are black - she looks like a panda bear!

Holly and Murphy are gorgeous! I love Murphy's personalized window perch! So cute!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts