Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Michelle (and my boyfriend, John) And we have 2 dogs, 2 cats, and 5 rats.
(yes, before you ask, the cats and rats and dogs all get along VERY well)

But the cats are driving us nuts. They're about 8 months old and they aren't neutered (yet) but they're completely insane. They're constantly zooming around the house, chewing on our feet or arms. They yowl all night because we don't let them sleep with us. And if we let them in, they just play on us. We lock them back out and they pull up the carpet at the door. What do we dooooo?
I'll post this on the behavior forum as soon as I can, but until then, any help?

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Hi Michelle and welcome! Ozzie and Noodle are adorable...adorable little holy terrors I take it! You might find they settle down a bit once you have them neutered, and I'd attend to that as soon as you're able so they don't develop other "bad habits" in the meantime. In the interim, if you have 2 cats, 2 dogs and 5 rats, I'm assuming you're in a house, not an apartment. So, I'd put the cats in a spare bedroom (or similar) overnight, until they get older and settle down some. Just make sure they have the essentials (litter box, water and perhaps a few quiet toys) in the room.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah we plan to get them neutered in the next few weeks. And the only problem with the spare room is that it's also the drum room... as in, it has a full drum set with cymbals and everything...
I guess we could try it one night and if they make too much noise in there we'll have to figure something else out. I wish we could just send them to a nanny for a few months, but (and I hate to admit this) I'd miss the little demons too much. lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cute kitties - but aren't you scared Ozzie will have mr ratty for dinner?
Nah I keep a real close eye on them. Besides, I think the cats are the ones in danger. The rats play a little rough sometimes lol

Of course no one is in any real danger. They are all very closely supervised during playtime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts