Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick hello from central Indiana. We (my family) currently have 3 kitties with very different personalities. Our first 2 are sisters that we've had almost 7 years now. Our newest addition is an approximately 5 month old little boy. We're still working on happily integrating everyone together, and I hope that I'll be able to get some good pointers from everyone.
Cheers!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome! When I introduced a kitty to my adult cat, the hissed, scratched each other once or twice, chased each other and after 30 minutes I caught them cat napping on the bed together. I hear that most introductions are not as easy as that but I didn't intervene really and it seemed to work.

Best of luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish all introductions could go that easily. We haven't been that lucky due to some very stubborn personalities. Thankfully it hasn't been as terrible as when we had family staying with us and they brought their cat along. Slow and steady, with lots of praise for the girlies is how we're approaching it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome! When we introduced our new kitten to our 2-year old tortie she was NOT havin it! It took about a full week to get her to stop hissing at the little girl, but now they are mates. They still chase each other around and rough house a bit (sometimes a little rougher than I'd like!) but all in all they keep each other greatly entertained when we're at work :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts