Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great place!

I'm a soon-to-be new kitten mommy with lots of cat experience. I grew up with the fattest, sweetest Siamese you can imagine. I have a cat that I adopted in high school living with my mother. I would love to have her move in with me, but she is FAR too sensitive to move across country and she really enjoys being outside(with a chaperone!).

I live in an apartment in NYC and am excitedly awaiting a trip to my local shelter to find two sweeties in need of a home.

I hope that I'll have some advice to share with all of you seasoned cat owners, because I know you'll have some pointers for me!

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Welcome!! Glad to hear you plan to adopt some kitties. Please feel free to ask questions, this group is very kind and helpful.
:)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hello! Are you gonna adopt from the ASPCA they show on "Animal Cops" on Animal Planet??? Cool! I hope you find some kitties that had a rough start in life because I'm sure you will give them a great home! Try to meet some of those detectives, they look cool!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I'm planning on adopting from the city shelter, the Center for Animal Care and Control. They are a kill shelter so I want to save the kitties there.

I'm finishing up my moving-in projects this weekend, and I'm going to look at the cats on Tuesday, so I should have some fur-babies by next weekend! I'm so excited!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts