Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for the kind welcome! We're really excited to join this community, and can't wait to meet everyone - human & feline!

In case you're wondering who we are - we're a crew of four - two cats and two cat-lovers - who have been working for the past two years to create the Best Cat Toy Ever. We've finally come up with something Mooky and Zeke approved - and just launched the project on Indiegogo!

Here is the project link: CatAmazing - The Next Generation Cat Toy! -- Indiegogo (video with cute cats 100% guaranteed)!

CatAmazing is all about strengthening the bond between cats and their people - through play! It has three levels of play to give you a glimpse into your cat's incredible mind at work - and to give them a chance to impress you into dishing out more treats. It's a win-win!

To learn more about how the levels are designed, and to play with a 3D model, visit the CatAmazing website!

We hope you check out the project & share it with other cat lovers!

And stay tuned to this forum - we'll be running contests, giveaways, polls and generally having as much fun as a catnipped cat with your favorite leather couch!

We'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback on the project, and of course any questions!

Thanks again for welcoming us! :luv Here's a video of a cute kitten having a blast with his CatAmazing:

We can't wait to hear your thoughts!

- Andrey, Natalie, Mooky & Zeke

·
Registered
979 Posts
It looks awesome! I generally prefer kickstarter to indiegogo (already have a KS account), but I understand why people go with indiegogo. I was gonna sign up, but the shipping to Canada is more expensive then the cost of one Catamazing. :(

I'll send the info along to my favourite pet supply places. Maybe if I can convince them into making a big order I won't have to pay for the shipping myself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks awesome! I generally prefer kickstarter to indiegogo (already have a KS account), but I understand why people go with indiegogo.
Thank for the kudos, Jacq! We wish the shipping to Canada was more reasonable too (it costs far less to ship to California, which is much further form us)! Thanks for mentioning us to your pet shop! :grin:

Regarding Kickstarter, you should hear our story about that! KS was originally our first choice, and we made the video and campaign for it and everything, but when we submitted it we got rejected - and when KS rejects a project, there's no explanation, just an automatic notice. Our appeal and a second submission were rejected too. We jumped through a ton of hoops trying to figure out what was up :fust - well it turned out that KS has a line in their guidelines about "No Pet Supplies" which we completely missed! :oops: (It was mixed in with explosives, firearms, tobacco products, etc).

So we retooled in short order for IndieGoGo, and the rest is history : )

- Andrey

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Hi! It looks like a good solid idea. I know my cats would go nuts for it.

How durable it is? I'm wondering if the silly kitten would rip it to shreds to get the toy out....and MowMow just flopping his heft onto it and squashing it flat. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi! It looks like a good solid idea. I know my cats would go nuts for it.

How durable it is? I'm wondering if the silly kitten would rip it to shreds to get the toy out....and MowMow just flopping his heft onto it and squashing it flat. :)
Thanks & great question! We found CatAmazing to be quite durable - we tested it with over a dozen cats, from 6 weeks to 15yrs years old, 1 to 16 lb, and all kinds of personalities - and it passed with flying colors!

We actually experimented with a number of different materials before settling on cardboard. While we always though cardboard would be the best material for this kind of toy, we initially had the same concerns – is it up to the challenge? After all the testing, though, we saw that the toys held up very well – even with the most fiesty kitties.

Just to be extra sure, the cardboard we used is also reinforced (it has thicker components that make the cardboard layers stronger than those of regular cardboard) and the insert that creates the sections inside CatAmazing provides a great deal of extra structural support, so even if MowMow jumps on it :jump it'll hold up : )

The additional advantages of cardboard are that it has a much lighter environmental pawprint (sorry!) than plastic or even lacquered wood toys, and that it’s very light – which means cats can push it around, shake it, and bite & lift the edges to shift the treats to one side, which some of the clever ones love to do.

And it makes that great scratchy sound that cats love about cardboard!

-Andrey

·
Registered
472 Posts
Great idea. Wish I had more to invest.

Have you thought of making a destructible foraging toy for parrots? Sell the box-like cardboard toy with peekaboo openings for the parrot to get the treat out? I am always looking for parrot foraging toys.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great idea. Wish I had more to invest.

Have you thought of making a destructible foraging toy for parrots? Sell the box-like cardboard toy with peekaboo openings for the parrot to get the treat out? I am always looking for parrot foraging toys.
Thank you!

The parrot toy sounds like a great idea - they're such clever creatures too! We don't have much experience with birds, unfortunately - we've never had any, and doubt we could with the cats around (Zeke is licking his lips at the idea already) - how do you do it?

-Andrey

·
Registered
273 Posts
cool idea!

i just did the "spread the love", look forward to trying it out. or i guess i mean having the kitties try it out.

good luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool idea!

i just did the "spread the love", look forward to trying it out. or i guess i mean having the kitties try it out.

good luck
Whaler, you rock - thank you!! We're sure your kitties will love it : ) You can give it a shot too, we wont tell ;)

-The CatAmazing Crew

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi,

this looks like a great toy, will it be available in the UK?

thanks x

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi,

this looks like a great toy, will it be available in the UK?

thanks x
Thanks for the awesome feedback! :luv We've had several requests for the toy in the UK, and we'd love to bring CatAmazing across the pond - the issue is the shipping: the shipping one or two toys basically doubles their cost! We'd be happy to do it, of course, but don't think it would be a great deal for you. However, if you have some friends who would love the toy too, or if you mention us to a local pet shop and they are interested, we would be able to split the shipping on about 10 or more. That would keep the cost about the same as ordering one or two in the US.

We'd be happy to chat more about it!

- The CatAmazing Crew!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi,

thank you for your reply, hopefully an online UK cat toy shop will seek you out & stock your product :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Today’s the last day of the IndieGoGo project – so if you’re waiting to share it with someone you know might be interested – now’s the time : )

Thanks, everyone, for your awesome support!

- The CatAmazingCrew

P.S. Here’s a video of BG with his CatAmazing – 3X fast!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts