Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Kate. Susan my cat has just been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and early kidney disease. Started on the transdermal gel for the Hyper T. She hates it being on her ear and runs away!:oops:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hi Kate. I have had a cat with kidney disease, and I empathize. Maybe I can be helpful to you in some way as you navigate this journey with your cat. How old is she?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! She is about 9 ( this is her 3rd home). I have renal food for her and the vet is contacting me about the gel for her hyperthyroidism. I want to change to tablets. I used to have another cat with hyperthyroidism and managed to disguise it in his food so hope this will work. Susan also has had diarrhea but I think this is a side effect of the meds as she is her usual self otherwise. She is having another blood test in 3 weeks.

·
Super Moderator
26,880 Posts
The pharmacy can also compound meds into a tasty gel, which didn't cost much more back then when I needed it for Cinderella.

Cats are so fastidious about being clean, I put the gel on Cinderella's foot. The only way to get rid of it was for her to lick it off. Just a thought.

I've mixed crushed hyper-t pills with Nutrical for Cleo.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I tried disguising pills in my girls' cat food, but if they got just a taste of it, they wouldn't eat it. Now we use Greenie's Pill Pockets Salmon or Chicken Flavor for Cats when they need to take a tablet, followed by their regular meal to eliminate any bitterness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts