Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We live on a small farm and have 6 cats. A few of them have given birth over the years and the kittens have always been healthy, until now. About a month ago, one cat had a second litter (didn't get her spayed quickly enough after the first litter). All the kittens are spoken for already but 3 of the 5 of them have something strange going on around their eyes and I can't figure out what it is so have no idea about possible treatment options. The all seem like regular kittens in terms of running around and playing with their siblings. I'll attach a photo.

If anyone has any idea what may be going on here I would be very happy to hear you thoughts.

Thank you very much in advance!

Ed

Note: I'll try to add a better photo ASAP. It is sort of a white almost powdery looking thing around one eye on each of the affected kittens. Actaully the other 2 kittens may have it too but they are lighter colored so maybe it just isn't visible. Thanks again.
IMG_9243.JPG

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome!

I can't see their eyes very well in the picture.

It could be a blocked tear duct, I could probably tell in a better picture.

I've had several kittens with a blocked tear duct, it will go away on it's own after a few weeks. It's contagious though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts