Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently switched my cats to raw but am still in the beginning stages. You guys have posted such awesome info about your cats diets. I know I'll learn so much from you.

I first switched my cats from dry food to canned food. One of my cats was a bit of challenge when it came to getting her off dry but we prevailed !!

Next I switched them from canned food to ground raw food.

Now they are eating only ground raw chicken, ground turkey, ground cornish hen, ground quail, ground rabbit, and ground mice.

Hopefully in a few weeks I'll start adding raw pieces and bones. One of my cats is taking a little time getting used to ground raw food so I've been adding FortiFlora to the food and that luckily is working.

It's very nice to meet all of you !

:eek:rcat

·
Registered
469 Posts
Welcome to the forums, it is very nice to meet you! It sounds like you did a lot of research and had much patience regarding your cats health and nutrition, what a great cat mommy you are. How many fur babies do you have? What are their names?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. I had a hard time getting Misa to eat wet food for the first week. Now for the past few days, she will eat it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all of you for your warm welcome !! Yes I have read up on the topic of raw feeding and feline nutrition alot before I joined this board. I find the topic fascinating and am shocked that more people don't see how much sense it makes. It's very obvious to me.

I've been talking to other people owned by cats and I find many to be quite defensive about what they are feeding which is almost always dry food. They feel the need to justify what they're doing because their vets are OK with it.

It's so sad because they just don't get it.
It's not like they have to jump into raw feeding but my gosh, at least switch to canned food if you have an aversion to raw feeding.

Anyway, I am still going to post about the issue of cat nutrition online and I hope to reach at least a few others who are open minded enough to look into it.
That's all I ask is for people to research the topic.

I am so glad I've been enlightened and so are my babies. Spot and Arnie.

Just a few years ago I had 5 cats but each one died way to young and now I know it was due to feeding dry food. Only one of the original five is still with me.

Sammy died of Hyperthyroidism.
Rudy died of IBS and colon cancer.
Freddy died of kidney damgae due to a severe urinary blockage when he was young that almost killed him right then and there.
Molly died of Hyperthyriodism.

I knew my current cats were headed in the wrong direction nutritionally and I didn't want them to suffer the same fate as my other furbabies.
My cat Arnie is obese. I've never had an obese cat until him. Arnie is a big boy and yet he is only 3 years old but my gosh, I think he weighs at least 20 lbs. if not more.

Since I've started the switch I can already tell he's starting to lose weight.

My other cat Spot is 18 years old and so far seems relatively healthy. She is slightly over weight but not like Arnie is. She's been my challange as far as getting her to eat canned and then raw but using FortiFlora has helped me tremendously in getting her to eat canned and now ground raw.

Anyway, I look forward to learning so much more from you guys and comparing notes. I am so glad I've found you !!!! You are all so smart. You guys "get it". I wish more people did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts