Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, thank you for reading about this as well as responding :) I feed Rocky an all canned, grain free diet, of high quality canned food. I predominantly feed him, Weruva Paw Lickin Chicken, Before Grain Quail and Chicken, and Natural Balance pouches. He has been having lately loose stool, but only once per day, and it's not diarrhea; it's just simply really loose stool and there is no blood in his stool or urine. He is playing, eating, drinking, everything is basically normal. I've read different things that diarrhea is considered if they're going multiple times per day, if it's almost like water, etc; but, i'm wondering, what are your thoughts on this? Rocky will be going for his annual appointment pretty soon, and obviously i can ask the vet about this. Thank you for your responses! :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Does he have the loose stool every single day? I'm just wondering if 1 of the foods that you're feeding is causing it....
Could be that something in 1 of them doesn't agree with him completely.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does he have the loose stool every single day? I'm just wondering if 1 of the foods that you're feeding is causing it....
Could be that something in 1 of them doesn't agree with him completely.
As of the past few days, he has had it every day, and today it seemed to be a little bit firmer. I was wondering that too, and he never had a problem on just the paw lickin chicken, so i'm wondering if it could be the before grain? Also, because he's drinking so much water from his food, and then some from the fountain, could it be because there isn't enough fiber in his diet to firm up his stool? I've read about getting canned pumpkin and adding that to their food, or i could just try nixing the before grain completely. It's just hard determining what's causing the problem, because his stools(not to be gross) are generally perfect. Thank you for your response :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
his stools(not to be gross) are generally perfect.
And let me guess.....
They smell like roses?? :cool

I would try and figure out if you can narrow it down to 1 of the foods. Do you feed all the foods throughout his meals each day? Or the same brand on each day (ie all Weruva 1 day, all BG the next day, etc).

I'm not sure about the water/fiber thing.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And let me guess.....
They smell like roses?? :cool

I would try and figure out if you can narrow it down to 1 of the foods. Do you feed all the foods throughout his meals each day? Or the same brand on each day (ie all Weruva 1 day, all BG the next day, etc).

I'm not sure about the water/fiber thing.
I wish his stool smelled like roses..hahaha, but don't we all wish our cat's stool smelled like the most beautiful roses? lol
I generally switch it up, for instance i'll feed him Weruva in the morning or Before Grain, and then at night i'll do whichever one i didn't feed in the morning or I'll give him a Natural Balance pouch for dinner. I should try narrowing it down to one food by feeding each food separately each day; for instance, all Weruva one day, and all BG the next day like you're suggesting because then maybe i can narrow it down to the exact one. Thank you for your suggestion :) I thought about doing that, but then i got home the other day, and my husband had already fed him one of the other kinds of canned food. Oh husbands, they do try! lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts