Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My name is Diana and my cat's name is Irving. I've been to other forums for other pets and have found them to be very useful and informative and I hope to have the same experience here :)

I'm going to try to refrain from gushing as much as possible, and if I do please excuse me because it's very hard for me not to do so.

Irving is a black and white tuxedo male and is approx 6-7 years old. He was originally my ex's cat, and I inherited him when my ex left to teach English in Mexico. He was bounced around a lot when he was younger and somehow, easily overlooked. I was the one who nagged my ex to take him to the vet when he got worms, and I was the one who fed him. I tried very hard not to get attached, but when I saw he was being overlooked and was basically taking care of himself, I couldn't just do nothing. He's a very independent cat, mostly out of necessity, but it also allowed people to think he didn't need or want affection. We became very attached to each other, and once he was officially mine, there was no turning back.

With a little TLC, he's learned that when I leave now, I will always come back, his food dishes are always full (no need to search for water in cups that were left out), and laps are a nice place to sleep. He's got the perfect balance of being a cuddle bug and laid back, and is content to just be next to you. Every time I look at him, and think about how much he's changed over the few years I've had him, I'm just so happy that he's happy. I don't know what we would do without each other

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Welcome, Diana,

What a sweet intro, Irving sounds adorable!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Hi Diana! It sounds like Irving is much happier now that he's no longer being overlooked and bounced around. You're both very lucky.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awww thank you :) I'll try to post a pic once I figure out how but he looks very much like the cat in the Cat Genie add at the top of this page. He's got a very unique face... he has 2 little black triangles on the sides of his nose on the white and a cherry eye.
It's funny because as a little girl, before I ever had a cat, I always wanted a black and white cat w/ white paws, and I've always been amused that Irv just happens to fit that description and he's one of the best cats I've ever known.
I do have some health questions that I'll have to post at a later time, but I'm glad I've found a place to gush over my kitty.

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
OMGosh!

Who wouldn't fall in love with that face?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts