Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello there, I thought I'd introduce myself as I've just seen this category!

My name is Abbie and I live in Norfolk in the East of England, although I am originally from Northern England. I live with my boyfriend of two years in a lovely little house. I absolutely adore any animals, and would have a zoo if my boyfriend didn't make me see sense every now and again! We are the proud owners of two rather beautiful Ragdolls- Evie and Mitzi, a cheeky little hamster- Hammy, and four fish- Carrie, Big, Itsy and Bitsy. I'd rather like to add two Guinea Pigs to the brood, but have been told no for the time being!

We absolutely spoil our two little princesses, I hate being away from them! Our little hamster has a rather extravagent house too.

I am also Mummy to a lovely black and white moggie called Tammy, I got her and her brother, Ginger, when I was thirteen years old. Sadly Gingy went missing after a year and we never saw him again (I was, and still am, heartbroken). We still have Tammy, she'll be 11 in May. She's a gorgeous little thing, the big boss of our Border Collie, Jive. When I moved out I decided it'd be best for Tammy to stay in her home with my parents as she doesn't like change and was (understandably) very settled, not to mention being a spoilt only cat! My Mum also decided I couldn't take her with me as she just loves her too much! But I love visiting her, and often send packages to her so she doesn't forget me!

Oh, I am a Primary School Teacher and my boyfriend is an Engineer.

That's about it!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
It's nice to meet you more formally, Abbie. What do Evie and Mitzi think of the hamster and the fish?

I'm originally from Northern England (just outside of Manchester), but I've been in Canada for many years (since 1967, likely before you were born). I have two grown children, one of whom currently lives in the UK, in Oxford where she's doing her Master's degree. My son lives in Toronto. He's a personal trainer and he makes sure his mother eats right and exercises properly! I also have two cats (also spoiled) and 15 fish, but no hamster. The cats are fascinated when I feed the fish and when I change the aquarium water...they're always sniffing about.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Evie just loves staring at the hamster. He has a rather extravagent house in our living room, she'll jump down and sit on the floor watching him whenever he moves. She'll watch me take him out, but then turn back to his cage! Mitzi does something similar, they're never interested when they see him outside of his house!

Ahh, the cats love to help me clean the fish water! On Sunday Evie sat there peering over the big containing I have to swap the fish into- just looking over the side! Mitzi looked like she might jump in so had to be shooed.

Ohh, I'm from Warrington originally, if you know it? It's also just outside of Manchester, in between there and Liverpool.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I'm familiar with Warrington, although I've never been there. Most of my father's family grew up in St. Helen's, which is close to Warrington, as you no doubt know. I'm originally from Radcliffe, which is between Bolton and Bury, just NE of Manchester. I also lived in Taunton, in the SE part of England, before immigrating to Canada.

I sometimes shine the laser light in the fish tank. My fish chase the laser light, and the cats chase the fish who are chasing the light. The cats are outside of the tank, of course...but we often have some fun chases!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts