Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Melissa. And this is the bane of my existence:

Her name is Annie, and she's 12-years-old. She is also ridiculously evil. We've been battling her weight problems essentially since we first got her, to little to no success. Her favourite passtimes include: running around the house and scratching at the door to the room with the dogs' kennels while they're sleeping to get them to bark, making a run for it then sliding on rugs and stealing my pillows at night. We also have lengthy conversations together. I really wouldn't have her be any other way. :love2 Though, it would be nice if maybe some day one of the multiple diets I've been ordered to try by a vet would actually work.

I've always had cats. From a young age, my sister worked at a vet clinic and many of the stray kittens with a sob story would come to 'stay for the weekend' at our house. Ten years later and I'm sure it's the longest weekend of their lives.

I also currently have rabbits, mice, rats and dogs.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Annie is so pretty. Her attitude shows through in her pictures! Do you leave food out for her or is she only fed at certain times? I like the part about her stealing your pillows -- seems cats have a knack for that!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

She is not free-fed. I'm sure if she was, I would have a small whale instead of my chubby kitty. She gets 1/8 of a cup of dry cat food twice a day, with the odd piece of meat we eat ourselves throughout the day (mostly chicken/turkey/egg). Unfortunately, she spends her days trying to work her way into the cupboards/areas we've stashed food to supplement her own diet. Quite literally, nothing is safe. :(

She does have a scratching post, there's a few scattered throughout the house.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Annie is so pretty :D Sounds like she keeps you on your toes. My vet has also said my kitty needs to lose weight and it's going good so far. She was 13.6 now she is 11.7. The only change I did was switch her to wet food. Since she has lost weight, she wants to play a lot more so that will make her even lose it faster! She is supposed to try to get down to 10 lbs in the next 6 months.

Btw, how do you keep your pets from eating each other? *grin*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts