Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Brittany. I am from CT. I have two cats that I constantly have questions about, so I wanted to join this forum to talk to other cat owners and get advice. My one cat Bean is almost 6 she has severe skin allergies, she see's a dermatologist every 6 months. She takes Atopica pills for skin outbreaks half a year, every year. She is a very itchy cat, and just started to get the tear stains in her eyes, which I've heard is another sign of allergies. My other cat Remi is just about 2 years old. He has been fine up until a week ago, when he was having trouble urinating. He would cry out when he tried to pass urine and you could tell he was straining. So I took him straight to the VET where they kept him overnight, and after a urine sample said he had Crystals present in his urine. They put him on an antibiotic for 7 days, and he has been fine since. FYI: Both of my cats are fixed!!

So with all that being said...here is what I am currently dealing with.

I was never aware of how much food can play a huge role in there health. I guess like being a parent its all a continual learning experience. I recently switched them to Wellness Core dry food. Which I only give them a little in the afternoon, because they are used to having dry food. I was only giving them wet food on the weekends as a treat, thinking that it was too concentrated and that it would give them diarrhea. So I always avoided wet food. But now I find out that's where they get most of their water in take. SO I am now feeding them wet food every morning and night, they get dry food (a little) at night and fresh water twice a day! I never read the ingredients in the food before, but this wellness I just started them both on has a high level of protein, no by products, no fillers, and etc. So I think I am on the right track now, or so I hope.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts