Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Just a quick post to introduce us. My husband and I adopted a beautiful black and very loving cat 3 years ago when he was only 10wks old, his name is Cai. Recently 2 new kittens fell on our laps (Lilo and Stitch). When I was working at one of my schools I heard little meows coming from inside one of the walls. One of the teachers rescued the kittens that had fallen into the wall from the roof. After nurturing them back to health they suddenly became very sick. A visit to the vet confirmed that they are positive for feline leukemia. We have decided to keep the kittens since no one else wanted them and we could not bare euthanizing them. They are now very strong and happy kittens and we hope that they live a long happy life. Cai tested negative and we immediately vaccinated him. He's due for a booster shot this week. We know that he can become infected but we are also hoping that he doesn't. In addition to having 3 cats we also have a 9 year old Chinchilla named Lucy. We inherited her when she was 2 years old from a friend who could no longer take care of her. She enjoys being entertained by the kittens and they enjoy entertaining her. So we are a house filled with loving furry pets!

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
Welcome! You sound like you have a big heart. So glad you rescued the kittens. FeLv testing is not always accurate. Retest them after they are 1 yr old. The kittens have an underdeveloped immune system. They may fight this off. You never know. Snap test are not always reliable.

Feline Leukemia (FeLV) In Your Cat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts