Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone! My name is Claire, I'm 18-years-old and from Louisiana. I'm a Biology major who has high hopes of making it in the veterinarian field one day! I've always loved cats, but I've been enraptured by them in the last year or so completely. Dogs are cute and I always feel bad if I see a stray, but cats completely break my heart!

Strangely enough right in the peak of my fascination around a week and a half ago, a little stray 4-month old wandered onto my dad's property. He's not too keen on animals, but luckily fell in love with her. I paid to have her fully vaccinated and she will soon be spayed (she had a few minor injuries, I guess just from living in the wild, that had to heal first.) Her name's Michonne, by the way. I also have four other babies where I live right now!

Sorry if this is long, but I couldn't introduce myself without introducing my kitties too, especially the new little one. She has a very special place in my heart right now. :) Hope to get to know many of you!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Welcome Claire, that's really good of you rescuing that poor little baby. I have two cats we found as feral kittens, they bring so much love don't they. Good Luck. Post some photo's.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They really do bring so much joy! So happy to know you guys are interested, here are some pics! She really is a sweetheart!

All of these are from the day we found her, around a week to a week and a half ago, but she's strictly indoors now. No clue where she got the cut on her nose, but her paws were a little cut up too, so I'm assuming she must've gotten into a fight of some sort when she was wandering alone. :( Luckily she's safe with my dad now and I visit her nearly every day! Actually just set up a cat tree for her, she's climbing on it. :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum! Did you name your kitten after the character in The Walking Dead?
Makes me happy someone caught it! I did! :D It was a name we could all agree on because we figured she must be pretty tough to make it on her own for so long haha.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Aww, what a pretty girl! Welcome to the forum. It's so great you want to be a vet. If I had it all to do over again, I'd probably do the same. :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aww, what a pretty girl! Welcome to the forum. It's so great you want to be a vet. If I had it all to do over again, I'd probably do the same. :)
Awww, thanks! :) And yeah, I know the field is very competitive, so it'll be hard but very rewarding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts