Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My name is Kathy. I'm actually very allergic to cats. But I've had a feral cat that had been showing up in my yard. At first she would run, but then she started actually seeking me out by coming over from the neighbors yard or the alley. If I got near her, she'd run, but soon let me within a foot of her. Eventually she'd rub up against my dog, a Yorkie, then she began to rub against me. I assume she's part of a feral group of cats in the next block because she has similar markings, but she must have been shunned by them. I got a humane trap to have her neutered. All was going well. She was going further into the trap each day. She was to be neutered this Sat. Then 2 cats from the colony began taking over her box and bed. They sprayed all over her bedding and she has not been back since then. I have seen the other 2 cats, but not her. I'm afraid she was attacked by one of them. At the very least, they may have marked my home as their territory and she's been driven off. Does anyone have any experience with this? I need to find her by Fri night to catch her in the trap.

Thanks.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Good Luck! Is there an area further away from the other cats, maybe off of your property that you could set food out and hope to find her? Keep us posted

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've moved the food to the end of my property with no luck. The snow didn't help. I've tried calling her, but that also didn't help. I hope someone took her in. She seems like she can be tamed.
Thanks.
Kathy

·
Registered
273 Posts
first off, thank you for trying to help this cat.

the one thing i would recommend is contact alley cat allies Get Help - Alley Cat Allies. they have a help desk (but their phone system is temporarily down) as well as can be contacted via e-mail. even if they do not have specific advice on your situation they may be able to put you in contact with someone in your area that can offer help.

good luck, i will keep my fingers crossed for you both.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to contact our local No Nonsense Neutering where I rented the havahart trap for suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts