Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Hope you all are well. So this is me. I'm from North East England and I have a 3 year-old black and white moggy, Whiskey. I got her when she was 8 weeks old and my family has owned cats previously but this one is mine. She has a very different personality to those I have experienced before, as she was very skittish and nervous at first. It took a lot of work and patience for her to feel relaxed enough but I wouldn't change her for the world. To me, it seems like she wasn't properly socialized before I got her. I don't even know if she had littermates. I don't think she did from the way she reacts to other cats. Anyway she's not a lapcat and doesn't like to be held or cuddled, but she follows me all over the place and always has to be near me, so I guess this is just the way she is.
I just adore cats. I think they're smart and have so much character. I joined so I could share this with other like-minded people and also to learn from others, as I love studying their behaviour. :p

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Hi and welcome! I'm originally from just outside of Manchester, but I now live in Canada. Your Whiskey sounds a lot like my Muffs. She too was very skittish and nervous when I first adopted her. She doesn't like to be held or sit on my lap (refuses!), but she will follow me around from room to room. She's gotten a lot less nervous with age, although she still tends to be a bit of a scaredy cat. But she's so sweet and gentle...I wouldn't trade her for anything!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I have never come across such a skittish cat before so it was a bit of a challenge getting her to calm down.
I will post some photos once I figure out how to lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts