Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

I have a 12 week old Siamese and need a little advice if thats ok?, I came across this site searching on google.

I picked up my beautiful Siamese cat when he was 8 wks old, the breeder did say he was the most vocal of the liter, but I never thought he would be THAT VOCAL, I have had other cat's before and know Siamese are totally different but he never stops meowing, its constant and i mean constant!!, the only time he stops is when he's asleep on you, is this normal?, he also thinks he's a parrot and sits on my sholder everywhere I go lol, he also acts like a dog when it comes to food we have to keep him in the kitchen at meal times.
I'm just concerned about the meowing? what do you think?

Thank you

Noosa xx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all just wanted u all to know I took my kitten to the vets only to be told he's on deaths door, unfortunately he passed away two days later (today) after every attempt was made to bring him back to health, he was only 13 weeks old, I'm distraught!, apparently is was a tummy bug called cocodia?? And it had got a grip on him and he was to weak to fight it off. Please say a little pray for Little Deisel xx

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Oh I'm so sorry to hear what happened! It's really sad that Deisel passed away at such a young age. RIP! :(

Just fyi, if you ever consider getting another Siamese, or any kitten from a breeder, don't go to a breeder that would let you take the kitten at 8 weeks old. Kittens are not ready to leave their mom at that age. They should come to you at 12 weeks old, with at least 2 rounds of vaccines and deworm. Any breeder who give you kitten younger than 11 weeks are not trustworthy.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
sorry to hear about the loss..

I agree no kitten should leave mom before 12 weeks min. And yes Loud constant vocals are a Siamese trait if you get another.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm so sorry Noosa. My heart truely goes out to you. I have prayed for you and for the soul of Diesel. I know it isn't easy, my heart is still absolutely broken from cats that passed away years ago. I can't even talk about it, I never do... I thought I never wanted to love another cat again because it hurts too much to lose them, but honestly the only thing that got me to stop crying was a new cat. I didn't go out and get one, in fact I've never 'purposely' adopted a cat. They always seem to find me, and I've had ten cats in my 21 years of life. Some cat shows up at my door, or its an abandoned kitten in a parking lot, or someone had a litter and begged me to take one or two off their hands. My newest kitten was about to be put to sleep at the shelter my friend volunteers at; she had grown fond of her, plus this cat was the sweetest most well behaved little angel. she sent me a picture knowing that I just can't turn down a kitty in need. So if you do think you might want another kitty, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't go to a breeder. Visit your local animal shelter!! I guarantee you will fall in love with a kitty that would have died without you.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I am so sorry you lost your kitten.

It's quite normal for them to meow a little, and he was taken from his mum too soon. Good breeders wait 12-16 weeks, have the kittens desexed, vaccinated, microchipped, vet checked several times and with a health guarantee.

You need to let the breeder know what's happened, if you haven't already.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts