Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello! I'm new here! I joined this fourm because I have just addopted a new kitty and I have never encountred a cat that is acting the way he is! I went to the animal shelter to get a cat and I picked out an orange male. He was very friendly and let me hold him and he would purr. They said they would have to get him nutered before I could take him home because his internal organs were in the wrong place and it would be difficult. So I came back on Friday which is when they said he would be ready. The lady told me that his surgery was much more difficult than they thought and so he was going to have to stay at the vets over the weekend. That was fine and so I went back to pick him up on Monday. I got him out of his cage and he was fine and he cudded with me on the way home in the car. When I got him home I put him in a seperate room with food, water, a bed,and a litter box, as I have 3 other cats. I stayed with him for a while and he was fine. Then I went to make dinner so I left him alone for about 20 minutes before I came to check on him. He was in the window and when I went to him he bit my hand hard. I then turned to walk away figuring he wanted to be left alond and he dove on my leg and bit it!!! After that it has just gotten so much worse! If i even open the door he will growl and meow so loud and low it is scarry!!! I have let him explore the house with my other kitties put away and he will go to a spot and if i come near him he growls and poofs! I discovered that he is declawed in the front and he also has staples from the surgery going all the way down one leg and his tummy! I have another adopted kitty that was decalwed on the front AND back! :( She is more agressive than cats with their claws in tact so im not sure if that may have something to do with it.Im not sure if he is just acting this way because of pain, feeling vurnable and scared, or what? I just want to know what to do to help him and me. I have had cats all my life and I have never had one be so agressive!

·
Banned
63 Posts
It could be related to the declaw, but I would suspect pain more likely, especially if he was declawed before the neutering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts