Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I am not new to forums, but I just got the first cat I have had in almost 20 years, last week. My husband doesn't really like cats, but for some reason he caved on this one. He just asked to not be the one to have to take care of her. I think her markings are unusual, and she has the biggest fearless personality of any little cat I have ever seen. She better to live in our house. She has already been to the vet, she came from the pound and she was sick with an upper res infection. So she is on antibiotics, but it seems to be almost cleared up already. She is extremely sweet natured.

Right now to keep her safe and I will not allow her around my dogs unattended, I have fixed up my colossal sized Great Dane crate for her with all her needs. She is there during the day. Then I am allowing her 1-2 rooms to play in with my supervision and the dogs separated. She plays with the dogs, but in the safety of my arms or lap. She has met 4 of the house dogs and I trust them, but the ones that we compete with have a very high prey drive. Plus one of the danes is a touch too interested, so he is on watch. But so far he licks her till she is wet, but I do not want her injured as he is 160 lbs and very curious.

Oh and my 13 year old daughter insists that the cats name is Valkyrie. But I just call her Kitty V, hence my screen name is both names together.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wasnt actually looking for a kitty when I got her. I went to the pound and was looking at a dog for my SIL. I cruised thru the cat pens and I opened her cage and she fell into my arms, curled up under my neck and purred. That was it, I was done. I had to go straight to petsmart and buy cat stuff. She still curls up against my neck. She sat up under my chin last night.

So here is really the only pic I have of her. She had her cold here, so a bit of a runny nose. This is the afternoon that I brought her home.

Oh wait I did get another cell phone pic when she climbed up behind my back and my chair in the office.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new kitty! Our neighbor across the way has a Great Dane, and I have fallen in love with her - she's a wonderful dog, and so gentle for her large size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts