Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. My cat and I are from Louisiana. I have only has this cat here for about 3 days now. I have decided to call him Cinder and he comes from the woods....

He looks to be about a year old, also for the past year i have been seeing a black kitten grow up in my surrounding area so I figure it is him.

While he seems to be in good weight I can tell he has been an out side kitty for a while now, poor boy has scratches and what not everywhere. I noticed today one of his scratches on the top of his head is in the shape of a bite. :? Poor baby, lol.
Im gonna get a good picture of him one of these days.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Welcome, if you can tame the little guy and bring him inside he'll live a lot longer.
Probably a lot of critter in the woods at would find a kitty a tasty treat.
Out door cats live on average less then 5 years, indoor only cats live 12+ and if kept entertained don't miss the outside.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome, if you can tame the little guy and bring him inside he'll live a lot longer.
Probably a lot of critter in the woods at would find a kitty a tasty treat.
Out door cats live on average less then 5 years, indoor only cats live 12+ and if kept entertained don't miss the outside.
I know hed do better as an inside cat, but that anit gonna happen here. MY dad doesnt like cats to being with, and we also have inside dogs who dont take well to cats. One of the other reasons im allowed to keep him around is to be a mouser.

We use to have a family pack of cats around here it was a momma cat and her two kittens. We had them all fixed and they hung around our area, we fed them a little and the would also hunt ( I cant tell you how many times Boots would bring me a mouse in the morning).

We rehomed them to a friends family where they are now living as indoor/outdoor cats and enjoying life but since they have left were noticing an increase in the mice and snakes, especially around the dog areas.

So were hoping that Cinder will also hep with the mice in the area.
Now i know outside cats can be a touchy subject to some. But Cinder will be nurtured with in the next month. He will recivie any vet care he needs. And will be wormed and so on.

Even though he is still out in the "wild" its still better then what he had before growing up out in the woods with no vet care.

·
Super Moderator
26,810 Posts
Sounds like a much better life than being on his own. It's great that you care enough to spay and neuter the strays around your house - even finding homes for some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts