Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Just thought I would introduce myself, and my lovely little monster named Jude. He is a seven month old Tabby, and he has quite the personality! He is a little large for his age, not fat (according to the vet), just big. Weighs about 7-8 pounds, when a normal kitten his age weighs 5. I swear, he gets bigger every day - he looks like a full grown cat almost!

I picked him up from the animal shelter back in August when he was about 4 months old. He was very small, and sick. He had an upper respiratory infection...he could barely even meow, and when he did, it was very hoarse. He also had an ear infection. After we got that cleared up, he contracted ringworm somehow, and gave it to me and my roommate, too! After that he had tapeworm from ingesting a flea at the shelter, and his ear infection came back. Several hundred dollars later, my baby is healthy, happy, and very active!

Anywho, we love friends, and I adore him like he was a child of mine. We are excited to be part of this community!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Welcome to the group! Glad to hear everything worked out and Jude is a happy & healthy kitty now!

We love pics...hint hint lol :wink

·
Registered
4 Posts
Poor Jude! It sounds like you've both been through an ordeal, but at least he's feeling better and growing!

I'm not sure if it's a tabby thing, but my tabby boy grew quite big very quickly as well...I found him as a skinny 4 week old baby, and after just a few months he looked huge. My vet told me that he wasn't fat, just big and very long. Now he's 9 years old and weighs 14 lbs...he's seen several vets over the years and they tell me that in this case, he really is "big boned" rather than fat!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts