Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a retired army veteran and since retiring my wife and I have taken in those that no one wanted. No, not people; cats! The first two came from a litter from the near by army post. They were on their way to the local shelter so we took them. They are brother and sister at 8 years old now; Inky and Minx. They had a falling out a year or so later. So we went and found Ollie so Inky would have someone to play with. Why not Minx? She's just evil. We got Ollie from the local shelter and he is 6 years old now. He has a little street cred. Years later picking up litter and toys one day, the local shelter was camped out in the pet store and my wife fell in love with this prissy cat who is now called Graycie who is about 3 years old with minimal street cred. At the same time, my wife who can't turn away a hungry cat was feeding a mother cat and her 4 kittens that hung around our house. We knew we would never be able to tame the mother but the kittens had possibilities. In the end after sitting outside in the dead of winter month after month hand feeding the 4 kittens/cats, we could only tame one and instead of dropping him off at the shelter, we kept him. His name is Fuzz who is 2 years old now and he has alot of street cred. I think he knows gang signs. Last but not least, the baby of the house; Rocky who is not quite 6 months old and also from a shelter. Who knew when you take one cat in for shots, you would come home with two. Yep, my vet was helping the local shelter and he was too cute to pass up. Plus my wife always wanted a Maine **** cat, well partial at least. We are done now with adoptions. I knew I was done because when I brought in the new fuzzball, my eldest (Inky) shook his head in disgust. I think he believes he is retired too.

Cats in order of age: Inky, Minx, Ollie, Graycie, Fuzz, and Rocky.

·
Registered
362 Posts
They are a beautiful/handsome clowder of cats. You and your wife are awesome for providing for such wonderful cats.

·
Registered
804 Posts
They're all lovely and you all are angels for saving so many! I can relate to your problems with Minx; I have an "evil" cat, but her name is Binkamaroo (Binky).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response. Yea, Minx is a pain. She's attacked every cat but Ollie and Rocky. Ollie clued all the others that they didn't have to take it and now she's the stalkie. She hasn't gone after Rocky, so I assume she tolerates him or doesn't want a new enemy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts