Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I have a little bit of a sad story for you. My family and I are US citizens living in Mexico and today I plucked one of the saddest kittens I've ever seen off the street. This is Mexico and there's only so much we can do for the abundance of animals on the street here. Anyway, a mom apparently had a litter in a construction building that someone I know owns and all the kittens appear to be healthy except this one. This kitten was much smaller than the others and had its eyes completely fused shut by infection. It was lethargic and I felt it'd die within a few days if I didn't try to help it. So I took it from the others. (The others will likely be taken to the animal shelter after mom stops showing up, and if this one makes it I'll probably keep it.) This cat fits into the palm of my hand but has its upper and lower molars so I'm assuming it is about 8 weeks old (is that right?). I'm still determining the sex but I think it's a he. I'll take it to the veterinarian tomorrow.

So, I'm curious about this kitten's color. A lot of the cats around here appear Siamese. Like this one. It's litter mates all resembled it, in varying shades. I'm told mom is black and white. I'm trying to educate myself on this but am confused. What is this kitten's color and is it a specific breed, or just "street cat". :)

Yes, she looks pitiful.. We're working on that. :-(

1 - 1 of 1 Posts