Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all and sundry!

I am here because I am looking to share and obtain useful information on how to transition my cats to raw food. I am currently in the middle of the transition process.

I have two cats: Jasmine, who is about 2.5 years old, and Kensho, who is 1.5 years. We are about six weeks into it. First I phased out the dry food and got them onto only Friskies canned. They are still eating some canned food. For raw, I started by giving them chopped raw chicken breast. They did not eat this as readily as I hoped. Kensho liked it, but for Jasmine I had to sprinkle either parmesan cheese or Whiska's Temptation (Salmon) powdered onto it.

I quickly exhausted myself chopping meat and catering to their finicky desires. I am now working on making big batches of food with ground turkey as the base. This whole thing is not going to work otherwise. Big batches are the only way to go, otherwise I'm going back to canned only.

Mojo

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Welcome!

Once you're able to post everywhere, you can start a thread in the Raw section under Health & Nutrition with all your questions.

Any pictures of our cats?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Welcome! There are some really smart ladies and gentlemen that I am sure will be looking forward to helping you with your dietary questions :) I can't wait to see pictures of your kitties and hear more about them.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Hi and welcome to you, Jasmine and Kensho! I wish you luck transitioning to raw. I don't feed raw, but I do have two finicky cats, so I know how frustrating feeding can be at times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to y'all for the welcomes! I'll have to upload some kitty pics when I get a chance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts