Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am Robert, I am from montgomery AL. I have 2 furbabies, not having any kids they are like my children. Both of them have some health concerns so I figured I needed to find a resource to help.

They are both white and black domestic shorthair cats. I believe they are related, same father likely, same litter possible. I received my boy from a friend who was moving in march of 2014. His name is Zeus. Then we found Athena in a dollar general parking lot a month or two latter. She ran straight to me and basically jumped into my arms so I new I had to keep her. Vet said then they were very close to the same age, if not the same age. Too many similarities in behavior, fur pattern, eye color, personality, etc for them to not be related.

Anyways. They are both about 4 years old.

The boy, Zeus is about 10 lbs, 14 ounces. He has recently had a bought with FLUTD/FIC. Had to have him cathed and he is currently on antibiotics/pain meds. We are switch boy cats to hills urinary care food. And Zeus will be getting a daily urinary care wet food unless we see a need to increase his wet food intake.

Athena, his sister, has severe FAD (Flea allergy dermatitis). So I keep them both on comfortis flea medicine. But she still gets a flea or two from time to time and needs steroids to stop the dermatitis reaction. Kinda wondering if there is anything I can do for this besides just getting the fleas off her and keeping her inside all the time as I don't believe keeping them both inside would be best for their stress levels. As I understand lots of exercise and time outside helps diminish feline stress which can contribute to Zeus's FIC.

Left is athena, right is Zeus.

Zeus is a People too.

Thena takes some wierd pictures...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.