Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My name is Deborah and I'm from New Orleans, LA. We recently adopted to male kittens (brothers) and I came to this site to read up on cat behavior, tips, etc. I've always had female kittens, and I can already tell they are much more different!

Look forward to reading your posts.
Deb

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Hey, Deborah, just got to this forum myself from Anchorage. I'm interested about what differences you're finding between your male kittens and females that you've had?

I've had cats all my life, both sexes. I've always had them spayed/neutered when they were just a few months old (before the females went into heat, & before the males started spraying), and have found very little difference between them outside the behaviors they would have had, had I left them intact.

Congrats on the additions to your family! I'm hoping to get a pair of sibling kittens shortly. (Currently catless after my beloved Vai died unexpectedly in October.)

— Mel

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have always had female cats. I recently adopted two female cats, 8 1/2 and 4 1/2 months old. The younger one was, by far, the most cuddly and affectionate cat I've ever had. I took them to the vet two weeks ago for a check-up, as required by the adoption agreement. Turns out the younger one was actually a male. One cat is not a big enough sample for a scientific behavior study but I had begun to suspect this cat was not female due to "her" behavior. I am keenly looking forward to more responses to this post!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts