Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... Long Island, but it's still New York!

I just moved out here to start a new job after college, and it is lonely in a 1-bedroom apartment by myself so I adopted a kitty from the NY HUmane Society: Her name is Kiera and I got her in February when she was 3-4 months old. This is a first time for me owning a pet that doesn't live in a box of water, so I am excited about it. It's nice to have someone to greet me at the door!

Kiera is overall a good kitty, she is not afraid of people, and is generally socialable (when *she* wants to be of course). Sometimes she's nothing but trouble though... she got to the top of my fridge, on top of a cabinet where I had fake plants, and knocked them off so they went smashing on the ground. Of course I come home from work and she's standing there giving me the innocent face!

And now, she's learned that I keep my hair-bands on my dresser, and leaps up there to knock them down and bat them around. Baaaaad kitty. So far I'm using the good old squirtbottle. Hopefully she'll learn!

Here are some pictures taken probably within a month of adopting her.I have more that aren't up yet, including her obsession with my dirty laundry & drinking out of the sink (also a few funny "sleeping" pictures)

But here is what I have right now - on my old site (new one is getting revamped, and I'm not that far in pictures yet)

http://www.violina23.com/old/photos/kie ... /main.html

-Heather :)

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Welcome to the forum - the pictures are great - kitty is adorable and you have a beautiful smile!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi Heather and Welcome!
What wonderful pictures, Kiera(love the name) is so sweet!
I love the pictures with your folks! I "made" my mom hold one of my cats when she came to visit us the first time, you would have thought I handed her a live grenade, I had to remind her to breathe.( She is a bit fearful of cats after a bad experience as a child,so coming to visit us is like her going on the show Fear Factor with the fur family we have.) It's not that I wanted this many cats I'm just trying to help her over her phobia.......no I'm justa kiddin! Again I just want to say enjoy the Forum and we're all here to help each other :D Meow to Kiera too!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hehe thanks - that picture is a favorite of Dave's, he always shows it to his pals. I don't know how Kiera wound up sitting like that - it's never happened again!

Although sometimes, on occaision, I do find her sprawled on the floor on her back with her belly exposed. I managed to snap a photo of that... I should get that pic out of my camera sometime soon!

-Heather :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts