Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

My name is Melissa and I am the very proud mommy of Chirp, a cream/orange tabby with a major attitude. Glad I found these forums--I look forward to interacting with you all!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A very vocal cat

I just made the move from Texas to Chicago with my baby (okay, he's 10) Chirp. We came by car and took two days so as to not to overdo it with one day of travel...but now I'm wondering if perhaps I should have just gotten the job done in one fell swoop.

Chirp despises the car but did remarkably well, fussing minimally and mainly in the beginning and toward the end of the day today and yesterday. Last night, he was timid and hid under the bed at first in the motel, but his reaction to our new place here in Chicago has been entirely different. He immediately began pacing, meowing and almost howling. This went on for nearly an hour. He has calmed down a bit, but is still not 100%. Not that I expect him to be chilling by my side after a two day haul cross-country. But w have moved a number of times before and this is the first time he has reacted this way.

Any ideas as to why? I am eager to hear anyone's input.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is a very good question.
Does your new home has a similar environment than any other places you have lived with your cat?
Moving is always a source of stress for a cat. I'd say this should be normal, but why does he react more than the other times you moved? Maybe there's no specific reason. Maybe he just need more time this time.
I hope for you that everything come back fine.
I noted the color of your cat. My cat has some orange in her fur, and I found that very special: It was the first time I saw this color for a cat (?).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts