Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. We have 2 pets - a 13 year old tabby, Baby, who was rescued from the side of a country road at 3-4 weeks old -- she was nearly dead from blood loss caused by fleas. A co-worker of mine found her, paid for LOTS of medical care (including 2 blood transfusions) and posted her picture in our office -- I took the bait and she came to live with us and our then 3 year old rescue Stinky (who has his own story and passed in 2020 with lots of pandemic vet visit fun [and by fun I mean sadness, frustration, and confusion]). Baby is a funny, shy cat who has learned tricks and has always positioned herself as the princess of the house.

Our 2nd pet is our dog, Fender, who is a 10 year old 80lb boxer/bulldog/great dane mix mutt. He's a gentle bull in a china shop and knows his 'rules, boundaries, and limitations well... I say he knows his Ps and Qs but it is hard to always be a well mannered dog.

Our dog came into the household at 4 mths old when Baby was about 3 and our dear departed Stinky was about 6, We made sure the dog respected the cats right away (and continue to set boundaries around the cats that he understands), gave the cats lots of 'cat only' spots with baby gates, cat trees, and other cat spots.

In general we are a great unit and everyone get's the attention, space, love, care, nutrition, and fun they deserve.

thanks for having us here!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Welcome! I'm so sorry about Stinky. Thank you so much for caring, and adopting Baby. We need more people like that. We'd love to see pictures of Baby and Fender.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts