Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm Heather & I own a black cat that is around 5 years old. Her name is Cierra and we adopted her off of a friend. Today me and my boyfriend got two kittens from someone with a "free kittens" sign. It was one of those houses by the woods and farm with a LOT of cats, but surprisingly they all seemed to be in good health. One is a dilute calico, but I'm not certain on the other one. I do have a question though. Cierra used to be in a house with another cat & they constantly fought. Shes a bit skittish and I tryed to show her the kittens and she kept hissing with large eyes. I figured since she was female that she wouldn't mind kittens, but I guess I was wrong. I was wondering if there is a safe way to help introduce them to get along or if there is no way she would ever get along with them. Thanks to anyone who reads all this and helps :)

·
Super Moderator
26,808 Posts
Welcome, Heather!

A black cat and a dilute calico - same as me! (plus a couple extras).

Here are some good guidelines for introducing cats - it usually doesn't take long with kittens, but Cierra needs a bit of time to get used to them.

Cat-to-Cat Introductions | Little Big Cat

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I really do hope that Cierra can get along with them. I recently moved out of my moms place and brought her with me. If things don't work out she does have another familiar place to go back to, but i would rather it not come to that. I can only hope for the best. As soon as I can I will get pictures up of the little ones. I'm not sure of age, but they seem to be at least 5-6 weeks old. Also, when I went and picked them up, it started to thunder and rain so it made them nervous. They seemed stressed with the commotion of all the other cats, the weather, and new people messing with them. They've been sleeping contently next to me for about 3 hours now. I feel great about taking them in for their betterment, despite where they came from :) Now, just need names.

·
Super Moderator
26,808 Posts
Cinderella wasn't cuddly or friends with the twins, but she sure put up with an awful lot from them, even wrestling matches:

We'll need lots of pictures, as soon as you have a chance. :grin:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Welcome, good luck with the intros.. Hopefully she'll come around and accept the kittens. I'm also looking forward to photos :)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Welcome to the forum - I'mfrom Pa myself! :) Do we get to see photo's of the new kitties and resident cat? I adore seeing photos.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Definitly! I took a few pictures, but they aren't the best quality due to poor lighting. Will have to get better ones once I have some sun in the house :p

I named her Lacey...

My BF named the little boy, Monster haha...

·
Super Moderator
26,808 Posts
OMGosh!!!!! They're adorable!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts