Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello everyone. I am new here tonight. I've joined the forum to learn more about the breed, to learn as much as I can in preventive care, and to enjoy the company of other CR owners.

I have lived in So FL since 1959 (parents brought me!) and just never saw a reason to move anywhere else. I've owned cats of one flavor or another most of my adult life.

My last 4 cats as well as 2 dogs were adopted from the local Humane Society here in Broward County. The most recent 2 cats were a Sphynx I named Zigzag because of a marking on his back. He was what is called a tuxedo - black and white. And then came my sweet little Lilliput, a calico Cornish Rex. They both wrapped me so tight around their little paws I didn't stand a chance.

I currently have a sweet, loving, black Affenpinscher (a rescue from Tallahassee) named Sasha, whom I adore. She definitely lives up to their nickname - monkey dog.

I've recently been thinking of getting another cat. It's been since Sep '09 that one has been a resident in my home ... so it's time. I have found one at an adoption place here on the Internet and am now so excited to get her.

But first a trip to China where my daughter, son-in-law, and 2 grandkids live and work. Talk about excited! I've never been out of the country before to use a passport, so what do I do, book a flight for 1/2 way round the world. It will be great fun and I am so looking forward to seeing my family.

That's me in a nutshell. I'm happy to be here and look forward to learning many things from all of you, along with forming some friendships.

Vickie, So FL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts