Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here but I love reading about your cats and especially about how they came into your lives. Hope everyone has a wonderful week.
Lucy

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello from Tennessee part 2

Hello again. Just wanted to give you all some background on my cat, Orry. I adopted him from the humane society when he was 8 weeks. He was a stray kitty. He is now 3 1/2 years. The beginning was tough for us as he developed a respiratory infection around day 3 of his adoption. I was taught by his wonderful vet how to "syringe" feed him since his weight dropped to a little over a pound. I was so afraid he would die, I barely slept those first few days. He steadily improved and soon was all better. He was neutered at 4 months and he is the sweetest cat, although last April he gave me another scare. He started vomiting ALOT. I thought it was a hairball but he never produced any. Then he stopped bathing and he was just not like himself. Off we went to the vet, she felt something in his abdomen which she stated could be stool since he haven't pooped in almost two days. She immediately ordered a barium xray. It showed a blockage in his intestine and he would need surgery. Turns out he had swallowed a piece of foam insulation from the window. He spent the night at the hospital and a day later I knew he was better the moment I saw him bathing. I was so happy. Needless to say, I no longer apply foam of any kind anywhere. He is my empty nest baby as my grown daughters say. I look forward to reading all your posts and learning more about these precious creatures who bring some much joy into our lives.
Lucy

·
Registered
716 Posts
welcome! thanks for sharing your story!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you shan841 & ladyK for the welcome. I love this forum.
@ LadyK, yes that's Orry in the picture and he does look like your Josie! :blackcat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts