Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm a 21 year old, married, soon to be first time mom. Originally, I was employed as a tech in a strictly surgical veterinary care facility. I then went into a law career as a legal secretary. When I wasn't working, I volunteered for multiple rescues including a Siamese cat rescue and a bunny rescue.

At this time, I've become a home maker temporarily since losing my job to Yw economy and finding our we're expecting our first child. She's due December 22 of this year, and we couldn't be more excited.

At this time, our fuzzy family consists of our 1 year and 11 month old female beagle/rottie mix, our 3 year and 7 month old male tuxedo cat, and our male 11 month old all black domestic short hair kitten.

Our pup was a present my husband got me the Christmas before we were officially "together". We lost her when she chewed through her leash at 3 months old, and did not find her until 4 months later when someone had her listed for $50 on Craigslist. Since her return she's had severe leash aggression, separation anxiety and a severe fear of the bathroom, coat hangers and folks of color. We're not sure what happened to her in the time she was gone, but it's obvious that whatever it was, wasn't good. She has since been put through training classes and is doing much better. Last December she was hospitalized for almost a full week in which time she had an abd. explor. including some biopsies and was found to be suffering from salmonella poisoning from her dog food. Since then, she's been doing great both with her health and behavior.

Our tuxedo cat, Abby (it's a male... Lol), was originally my husband's cat when we got together. He's an awesome cat and probably the most personable cat I've ever met. I tell my husband all the time that I think he's a person trapped in a cat body. He's very vocal and loves to window watch.

Our black cat, Ethan, was found outside in the cold last December. My husband brought him home as a "surprise" after a woman found them under her deck and asked him if he would take one while he was pitching a sale for windows to her. He's been with us ever since and is quite the wild child. He and Abby run a-muck and chase each other all over the house. He loves to lay in the wet tub right after someone gets out of the shower. Weirdo!

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts