Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, My name is Alice.

There are 2 cats living with me & my boyfriend currently.

Akira - our 7 month old tabby who was found crying in a bag hung on a tree outside our home when she was just 4 weeks old. My boyfriend rescued her and she's now ruling our house like a little queen!
& Richard - a lovely ginger british shorthair who's almost 2 years old. He's only here temporarily (he's been here since christmas 2014) whilst my boyfriend's sister sorts out a permanent living space for herself and Richard.

I've never had cats before - my parents are dog people, but I'm definitely a cat person. I aim to always have at least one cat in my life - I couldn't imagine life without my baby girl!

Thank you for letting me join and I hope to make a lot of new cat friends!

xxx

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Hi there, Alice!
welcome to the catforum! :)
Akira--cute name, but I'm so curious...how did your kitty acquire this name? It's a Japanese name, I assume.

Looking forward to seeing your kitties next, Richard included! ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome Alice!

They certainly work their way into your heart :) I could never be without a cat.... or erm... 4. :)

Akira is lucky to have been rescued!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Alice, fellow UK member here.

So sorry to hear about Akira, glad you've given her a good home!
I'm exactly the same as you, I love all pets but I aim to always have at least one cat - because I've grown up with them it's weird being without one! My boyfriend prefers dogs but I will always have a cat no matter what.

Welcome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone for being so kind!

Yes, Akira is a Japanese name. My boyfriend is really into anime & manga and is constantly trying to get me to watch with him. The first anime I watched with him had a character called Akira in and it seemed to suit her adorable little face!

This was Akira about 2 weeks after we brought her inside.

And this is her now..(you can just about see me behind her, apparently I'm the comfiest spot in the house!)

And this is Richard.

I look forward to talking to you all again soon :) x

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Aww, very cute kitties, Alice! I love that one of Akira snoozing away, seeing that expression on cats is very familiar and comforting...looks like she's a content kitty! And Richard...lol. Another cute orange furr baby! Lol. Red cats are always popular here! ;)

I'm sorry, I may take some getting used to the fact that Akira is female, lol. Guess my impression of them has always been male, but I think it's becoming to be more of a unisex name these days...? I need to break that "male/female label" mentality, obviously! :p

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Welcome!

Oooh look at that cute little Akira! Actually, she reminds me of my Celia (right in my avatar). What an awful beginning to her life - kudos to your boyfriend for saving her! Richard is a sweetie - he looks quite dignified in that pic! Is Akira ok with his presence?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts