Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
My name is Diana. I am an university student in Vancouver, Canada. My mom and I have two cats, Amber and Jd. Amber is a 9 year old (turning 10 this year in June) orange domestic shorthair. He is overweight to say the least. Jd is a 4 year old (his birthday was just a few days ago!) orange domestic shorthair as well. They're different shades of orange however. Jd was a feral kitten before we adopted him.
Have a great day!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi Diana and welcome to the forum! I know you must be very busy as a student, but if you get a chance maybe you could post some pics of your kitties. The "Meet my Kitty" topic is a great place for that. I hope you have a great day, as well, cheers! chuck

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Vancouverite! Well, OK, I live in the lower mainland, but was born in Vancouver...

I hope you'll upload some pictures of your kitties!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey! You both are from the west coast!
And Carmel, ok I also live in the lower mainland hehe! I definitely will upload some photos when I get the chance!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Kewl! Another west coaster. I am in Poco. Any of you going to the cat show in Mission this coming weekend?

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
I didn't know there was a cat show coming up... but it's unlikely I'll be going, it's a little too far out for me. I was thinking of going to that pet expo at the PNE grounds last (?) weekend but never went. I've gone to cat shows before, twice in Richmond and once in Cloverdale... the lat time I went to one of the ones in Richmond I found it a bit of a let down. Most of the cats were really popular or more common breeds (most people hadn't traveled far), there were a lot of Bengals, Maine *****, Siamese, Persians, Abyssinian... the two that really stood out were the Singpura and the huge monster wild cat for cross breeding with domestics, a Serval. At a previous show I saw a Savannah, which is what you get when you breed the Serval to a domestic... that was really cool.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I stopped by in the Cloverdale show last year. It was ironic situation. We had just lost our beloved Maine **** mix, Missy a couple of days before and my husband and I were heading down to the US. We drove past the "cat show" sign and we literally thought it was our beloved telling us something. So we turned around and went in. We bumped into our veterenarian there and saw some Maine *****. Definitely brought a few tears to our eyes after we left.

Now we have 2 new precious kittens mending our broken hearts.

I thought about going to the Pet Expo too but I had to work. I am actually showing our two Maine ***** at the upcoming show just for fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts