Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, my name is cara! I live in Virginia Beach with my husband, who's in the Navy. We have one cat, Max and he is our baby! we got him when he was only 10 weeks old. He's over a year right now, and is the most crazy, yet loving cat! Can't wait to get to know y'all! :grin:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add, im 21! :) Also, quick question, Can anyone tell me the proper way to introduce cats? My husband and I would love another kitten, but Max doesn't like other cats in our house. He hisses and tries to fight them. What is the proper way to introduce them? or should we just not get another cat? Thanks! :)

·
Super Moderator
26,664 Posts
If you're going to get a kitten, the intros are usually better than two adult cats. Here are some really good guidelines from my future husband, Jackson Galaxy:

Cat-to-Cat Introductions | Little Big Cat

There's no guarantee that Max will accept another cat, but kittens are so small and non-threatening, it may work out fine. (Kittens can also be annoying to the alpha cat.)

Taking the introduction slow is your best bet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I introduced my kitties it just took a while to get used to each other. Now they are besties and have been for many many years. Same goes for the dogs! When I first introduced them, it took the HOH (that is my oldest kitty The Little Man .. I like to call him the Head of the Household because he bosses my Mastiff and Rottie around!) a while to decide if he accepted them or not. 5 years later and they are all still coexisting happily!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts