Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I'm not great at introductions, but here goes.
I'm Felicia, I'm 22 and I live in West Virginia. I'm on this forum because I adopted a beautiful kitty yesterday from a rescue, and everyone gets tired of hearing about him. haha.
I'm not new to owning cats, I've owned 2 others in my life, one who was a family cat, named Bandit, owned before I was born, who passed away when I was young, and then my cat Smokey, adopted when I was 8, who passed away almost 3 years ago.
Anyway, yesterday, I adopted a gorgeous cat from a local rescue. He's about 3 years old and he's super cuddly. His name is Rounder, and he's FIV positive. This is the first time I've had a special needs cat, so I'm nervous, yet I love him dearly and never hesitated to take him home :)

Anyway, sorry, I tend to ramble about my cats. Hope to get to know everyone soon!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Good on you for adopting an FIV positive cat! I will be following your posts about him... I've been eyeing this FIV+ cat from the shelter where I adopted my cat, but I can't fit a second litter box and don't want to put my kitty at risk. I am seeing if any of my friends or acquaintances will take him though... I'd love to be able to visit him on occasion. He has been at this shelter for 2 years now, and is so cute and friendly. FIV is not a death sentence, these cats need and deserve homes, too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! There wasn't much of a question about adopting Rounder. We had a mutual want for each other, and no disease was going to change that. He's definitely healing the hole the death of my Smokey baby left in his own special way. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.