Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local animal shelter is participating in the ASPCA 100K challenge to try to get the community more involved in adopting animals. And last Friday I adopted two precious 5 month old kittens who play so well together. Zeus the more dominate one is very brave, cuddly, and outgoing. While Apollo, also extremely lovable and sweet is a little bit more on the skittish side. This morning when my new roommate left, Apollo ran outside and he tried catching him for 15 minutes, eventually he came and woke me up then i proceeded to look for Apollo, he stayed around the apartment but every time I got near him he ran away. I was kneeling very low but it was dark an he was probably just scared. But the really weird thing is when I caught him he hissed at me for the first time! Never once has he hissed at anyone before, and he put up such a fight when i caught him low rumbling meow and scratching. I got him inside and he instantly hid but then I lured him out with tuna and he came and slept next to me for 20 min. I am so confused on why he acted so aggressively when he never seemed to be aggressive before.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your two new furry family members. I wouldn't be upset that Apollo hissed at you. Everything is still very new for him. It's a new place with new people and it takes time for them to adjust. Be glad you were able to grab him and remind your roommate to be more careful. Mostly likely he was aggressive because he was afraid. Since you were able to lure him out and he slept next to you I wouldn't worry about it. He's forgiven you for grabbing him so forgive him for hissing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts