Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here and like to say hello. I am the owner of two cats and now a kitten who adopted me. All are feral that I raised separately as kittens.

I'm in Mich. I have an emergency going on right now, my first cat Sasha (Siamese breed) ripped through my screen last Wednesday a 60 degree night. I last saw him Friday. He was on my back porch as I had left food. I opened the door he saw me and ran off. He didn't get any food. And now it's bitter cold at 2 degrees and wind chill -8. I don't know where he is getting his food or water. Now have 3 inches snow on ground.

I recently moved to a house from an apt. 6 mos ago. He was an indoor cat after spending his first year of life outdoors in 09. I have to get approved by the moderators and will wait to tell the whole story. I've pounded the pavement the last week and drove 70 miles in this neighborhood. I can't find him! And the bitter cold takes a toll on me looking.

He got out because he sees all the ferals around my house as the neighbor feeds them (10 cats different times). I believe his instincts should kick in and he is in survival mode.

Wondering what my chance of recovering him as I'm trying everything. More later after approval.

Thank You for reading,

Karl

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Did you check with shelters, vet offices, highway/town works dept that picks up dead animals? Since most lost cats are often found within 1/2 mile from their home, have you posted up notices in vet offices, posts, variety stores, kijiji? Chances are with this cold weather are not good he will return home. Sorry, I wish I could be more positive, but maybe you'll have a surprise Christmas? Hope so.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Post an ad on Craigslist! Our little wanderer escaped and I posted a photo and info on Craigslist and we received a response the next day. She was over a mile away. Someone found her near a busy road and took her home and kept her safe. We hadn't even had a chance to put up the flyers we printed.

Hopefully someone took your cat in. Good luck and let's hope that there is good news when you are finally able to post.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ohh I'm so sorry to hear that! :(

Post a picture on facebook (your own and maybe the community page from where you live), craigslist, online boards - anything that will let you! Go to the shelters with a picture, vets, grocery stores, gas stations and every place that will let you.

Also, tag you cell phone number to it and a friends number (just in case).

Good luck! I really hope you find your little one! :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts