Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm Dani, a cat owner (and mother of one busy toddler) from WI.

I decided to join the board because I'm having a rough kitty week. We own(ed) two beautiful, sweet Scottish Fold kitties, Red and Boober. Boober was by far the most wonderful kitty I've ever had in my life, and I had to make the decision to say goodbye to him last week. He was only three years old, but suffered from heart problems and urinary tract disease/bladder stones--his bladder became obstructed, but our vet didn't feel that he could survive treatment due to his heart condition, and so we didn't want him to suffer any more. It's been a hard few days for me, and for Red, who seems okay, but has been prowling the house meowing and looking for his buddy.

I think it may be nice to have some support from fellow kitty lovers, and to have a place to seek advice as we think about adopting a new kitty into our hearts and home

·
Super Moderator
26,657 Posts
Welcome!

I'm so sorry for your loss, and Red's loss, too. Sounds like Boober was your heart kitty.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. He was a very special boy, but I've tried to take comfort in knowing that he wasn't in pain and that I was with him when it was time.

Looking forward to brighter days ahead, and I'm sure all the positive posts and stories about others' antics here will help me to smile!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts