Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am new here. I have two cats that are half brother and sister. They were found by the CRD and put up for adoption at a local pet store when they were about 9 months old (must have had something bad happen to them as kittens as they are scared of everyone and everything except us). Lily is a Snowshoe Siamese and the Male, Tiger is a Lynx Point Siamese. They are both turning 8 shortly.

Tiger and Lily used to be best friends and would play fight. Now Lily no longer likes to fight and gets very upset and scared of Tiger. Most of the time they have been okay with an occasional fight but over the last few years things have gotten worse. Lily gets terrified of Tiger and lately urinates and defecates herself. I thought she was being moody and going crazy because Tiger is such a sweet, gentle cat. I hear Lily hissing and come into the room to investigate and Tiger looks all innocent. Today I finally caught Tiger really attacking her and she was terrified. It turns out he may not have been so innocent over the last few years.

In the past, I have separated the cats for a week and then reintroduced them which seems to work for a while. Now I am really scared Tiger will hurt her and don't want to risk putting them together again. I can't imagine getting rid of one of them because they are such fearful cats and only trust us. They also have special diets because of food sensitivities.

I also have another cat (10 months old) Willow who is pure chocolate point Siamese, who I thought if I got would keep Tiger busy. It seems to have not made a difference. Willow is female and although quite playfully aggressive, Lily does not mind. It seems to be a male-female problem.

I know I am going to have to find another home for one of them..so stressful..don't know what to do.

·
Super Moderator
26,810 Posts
If you haven't already, I would take both of them to the vet. If one cat is sick, the other cat sometimes picks on them. On the other hand, if a cat is sick, they can act out and become the bully.

After 8 years together, this must be so upsetting for everyone involved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts