Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm hair looking for some advice with my pregnant kitty we do not know how far pregnant she is we only realised 3 weeks ago when her nipples became pink and swollen she is 14 months old and has always been real slim we can feel kittens moving like big lumps n can feel popping and bubbling the fur off her nipples has come off and they are swollen and crusty I thought maybe 7 weeks but she looks tiny compared to others is this just because she is small anyway ImageUploadedByPG Free1426603050.484651.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1426603075.044955.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1426603093.993223.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1426603117.855326.jpg

·
Super Moderator
26,513 Posts
Welcome!

She's so pretty, what's her name?

Someone will be along with advice for you, we have lots of members with baby experience. :grin:

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
It could be that Minnie is small, and also that she may be carrying two or three kitties.

Here's a chart to figure out her due date. Go from date the nipples first pinked up.
Cat Pregnancy Calendar - Determine The Date Of Birth

Decide where it is you want her to have the kittens. A quiet out of the way place is ideal.....a space in the bottom of a closet would be good to put in a cardboard box, or better yet the bottom half of a cat carrier. Line it with several newspapers, and a soft piece of cloth. She will likely get in and scratch around. Some cats will accept your chosen place; others will prefer to find their own. Discourage her by blocking access under a bed as it is difficult to observe the birthing, checking on kitties, etc. from there. She may have some discharge just before birthing, and will likely be restless going from place to place, and may be panting. Once she has birthed the first kitten she will stay with it until all kittens are birthed.
Cat Labor - The Two Stages Of Labor And Birth For Cats

Do not allow her to go outdoors after birthing the kittens. It is possible for a female to come into heat shortly after birthing and get pregnant again. When the kittens are weaned at around 10 weeks, do get Minnie spayed. Unfortunately black cats are often the last ones to be adopted at a shelter or rescue because some people still view them as bad luck or other silly superstitions.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you very much for your advise ???. I got her a few birthing boxes with blankets in she has no interest in them but she seems to be goin from room to room the past few days lookin for places so I will try movin the boxes to where she prefers. She is bein very affectionate and following me around all the time. X

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know how far along she could be? We can feel the baby's movin it feels like there's 2 n they feel big but she just looks small??

·
Super Moderator
26,513 Posts
Do you have a vet lined up in case there are complications?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No I'm goin to ring tomorrow n try get her a checkup to. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on when our little cherubs will arrive. Excited ??? xxxx

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
"Go big in the last 2 weeks?" Yes.

And the last few days she may have some clear discharge from her vagina, and in last week you may see some milk leaking from her nipples.
She sounds like a very sweet girl and wants her Mommy with her during the birthing.

Good luck and we look forward to an update.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks she is a little beauty I will comfort her as much as I can I think she will want me to be close during birth. Thanks for advice I will keep an eye on we I look forward to showin off our little brood when they arrive xx

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She keeps following me around n lyin next to me gettin me to rub her stomach and I can feel baby's moving and bubbling x

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ImageUploadedByPG Free1426791495.138663.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1426791521.684507.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1426791538.862392.jpg . Hi all the past few hours my cat has been abit anxious and I keep finding her in the bath and sink. Is this her nesting?? Xx

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Tashap,
It could mean she's getting close to having kittens!
A mama's temperature goes up, as they get closer, so will often look for cooler spots to lay in! Like the tub or sink!
I hope other's will have more advice, ideas, and suggestions for you!
Sharon

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks you I'm keeping a close eye on her she has no milk production yet though she been edgy like something is bothering her feel sorry for my poor girl. X

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.