Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Emily and I have a four year old black cat named Knight. I wanted to be like all the parents now and change the spelling of his name, haha.

I just ended my three year engagement and we all lived together since getting Knight. He was doing okay, but now he seems to be mad at me. It has been about a month since my ex left and Knight has always favored me. Any time I would be on the couch, he would be on my lap. He followed me everywhere.

I live in an apartment attached to my parent's house. Since I am back in school, my parents help me out with him and will come visit with him when I am not home. I have been spending my weekends out because of work near my friend's house. (it just makes it easier to stay out there.) I have been gone for three weekends in a row, but spend all the other nights of the week with him.

However, since getting home last night, Knight has been ignoring me :-( He won't sit on my lap and he sits at the door crying for my parents. The closest he will get to sitting on my lap is laying by my feet.

Will this get better? Is he going to continue to hate me if I leave on the weekends? How can I get him to stop hating me?

Thank you in advance..
Emily

·
Super Moderator
27,273 Posts
Welcome!

Are there animals where you're staying that he could smell? Does anyone smoke there?

Could he simply move in with your parents?

·
Super Moderator
27,273 Posts
It could be a smell thing with the cigarette smoke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.