Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here - so glad to have found you. I have had cats in my life, on and off, for many years. My current cat is a domestic shorthair - her name is Sparkie. She was actually my mother's cat, and when my mom passed away in 2009, Sparkie came to live with me. I love her so much and she's one last living connection to my mom.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
hi davidsmom!

you're going to love this site. i don't know what i'd do without all the advice and support i've found here. guess i'd have to just read all the cat books on my own! i still do that as much as possible, but this forum is so much more fun and hearing all the different points of view and experiences is so helpful.

it's so nice to have you and Sparkie with us now. and great that you both share the memories of your mom. :angel

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Welcome! Post some pictures when you can! Cute name for a cat!
(My family had a Yorkshire terrier named Sparky)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcoming thoughts! I'm definitely going to post a photo of Sparkie. I have boxes of photos to sort through and will get to it.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I love her so much and she's one last living connection to my mom.
My family and I had a similar situation with my late father's 2 horses. He had dear old Palomino who was a dead ringer for Mr. Ed and a Peruvian Paso who was an absolute NUT CASE that was his project and replacement for his retired Palomino buddy. We kept both for the rest of their lives...we just couldn't part with them. I can totally relate to your last sentence.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm so glad that you get to have Sparkie. I'm sure your mom is looking down smiling. I'm a big fan of tabby's and she is gorgeous!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts