Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cat Vertebrate Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats

Hello kat buddies ~ Nice to meet you all ~ What a wonderful place this is ~ I rescued a bonded pair last year and they are delightful ~ I only have one problem ... one or both of them are peeing on my bed and I don't know what to do ~ I've had cats all my life, for 73 years, and I've never had this problem before ~ I put tin foil all over my bed and that didn't work ~ I bought this stuff called "Cat NO !!!" and sprayed it all over my bed and that didn't work ~ I sprinkled pepper all over my bed, tried cinnamon, allspice, vinegar, and even this stuff called "Dog No !!!, and I can't get them to stop ~ My bed smells like my pantry, haha ~ They use their litter box and I clean it every day ~ They don't pee on anything else, I think, but I don't know what to do ~ So now I sleep in my recliner and I've piled cardboard boxes on my bed ~ I want my bed back!!! ~ Any ideas folks and thank you for your time ~ Monica Champagne >^..^< and Mickey & Minnie thank you too ~ >^..^<

· Registered
30 Posts
View attachment 133850
Hello kat buddies ~ Nice to meet you all ~ What a wonderful place this is ~ I rescued a bonded pair last year and they are delightful ~ I only have one problem ... one or both of them are peeing on my bed and I don't know what to do ~ I've had cats all my life, for 73 years, and I've never had this problem before ~ I put tin foil all over my bed and that didn't work ~ I bought this stuff called "Cat NO !!!" and sprayed it all over my bed and that didn't work ~ I sprinkled pepper all over my bed, tried cinnamon, allspice, vinegar, and even this stuff called "Dog No !!!, and I can't get them to stop ~ My bed smells like my pantry, haha ~ They use their litter box and I clean it every day ~ They don't pee on anything else, I think, but I don't know what to do ~ So now I sleep in my recliner and I've piled cardboard boxes on my bed ~ I want my bed back!!! ~ Any ideas folks and thank you for your time ~ Monica Champagne >^..^< and Mickey & Minnie thank you too ~ >^..^<
Hello Monica, thank you for sharing your experience and problem with us. I can understand how frustrating it must be for you to have your cats peeing on your bed.

There could be several reasons why your cats are behaving this way such as a urinary tract infection, a change in their environment, or stress. I would recommend consulting with a veterinarian to rule out any medical issues.

In terms of addressing the behavior, you could try using a cat pheromone spray or diffuser in the room where you sleep. These products mimic the natural pheromones that cats produce and can help reduce stress and anxiety.

You could also try using double-sided tape or aluminum foil on the bed, or use plastic sheeting or a plastic shower curtain to cover the bed. This can make the surface uncomfortable for the cats to walk on and may deter them from peeing on it.

You may also want to provide more litter boxes in the house since cats prefer to have multiple options for elimination.

Lastly, try to figure out what is causing the stress or anxiety in your cats. It may be an additional cat or animal outside, changes in the household, or even changes in the litter.

I hope these suggestions will help you solve the problem and regain your bed back. Best of luck!

· Registered
25 Posts
Hi go and buy Cat Attract and I promise you your cats should stop. Put alittle in the litter box. Unless your cat just started this it may have a urinary track infection or underlying medical condition that warrants a trip to the vet. Unless it’s territorial behavior. Maybe they peed so much they marked it and they think it’s ok. Maybe get another mattress or bed topper and just might have to lock them out of the room when you sleep.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts