Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am Michelle. I currently have one cat named minion and. 2 kittens that have not been named yet. They are both males. I got minion by almost hitting him when I was heading to work. I gave him to my fiancée, because at the time I was living with my parents and my mom is allergic. Now we live together so he is at our home. The kittens I got from a friend. She lives at an apartment complex and the owner of then put them outside because they wouldn't go potty in litter box anymore. So any suggestions on how to get them to use one at my house would be appreciated because the one has already peed on my stuff. I have 2 litter boxes both with new litter and obe brand new. I have them isolated right now to my laundry room because they have a colds. But anyways hoping I can get them all situated and using the litter boxes cause if not I will have to find them a new home cause I have a 6 month baby and I can't be having him around the pneumonia. Also any name suggestions appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Ugh, nothing worse than litter box issues. You could try using some litter attractant but my first instinct is to rule out medical issues. If they have colds AND are having litter box issues I think a vet needs to see them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Definitely vet first for a checkup.
I've had luck with Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract litter. It's somewhat expensive but I just sprinkled it on top of the litter I was using, and it's helped quite a bit for a cat that was having behavioral peeing problems.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I'm going to also ditto the vet visit.

Before I can suggest much I need some more info:

How old are the kittens? How long have you had them? Are they peeing/pooping the the box at all? Some of the time? How many litter boxes do you have and where are they in your home?

Very young kittens will commonly have accidents because the litter boxes are too far away when they need to go. Having to few boxes is another common issue. For three cats you should have 4 litter boxes, # of cats + 1 = number of litter boxes. Also, they need to be in separate places, two boxes side by side in the basement are both too far away and too close together. Cats will sometimes ambush each other in the box, so if the boxes are together it can lead to problems.

A small note though, pneumonia is a disease of the lungs. You certainly don't want your baby around it, but you couldn't get it from cats. I think you meant the ammonia in the urine ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts