Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, in September, I took in a stray kitten (Baby) and adopted two more cats (Scuffle & Lampshade) from a shelter to be with her. I've joined this forum hoping I could get advice about Lampshade. Since day one, she has been sick with flu-like symptoms & now she has patches of fur missing from her neck/upper back area & scabs. I have taken her to the vet many times & her improvement has gone up and down. Since yesterday she has had watery eyes and a drippy nose, in addition to more missing fur. I may post again with more details, but if anyone has any advice, I would be extremely grateful!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! I'm sure other members will help you out with your sick cat because I just adopted a cat two weeks ago now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so! We have seen two vets and she has been in to the doctor about 5 or 6 times in the last few months. I had a kitten that died of FIP a few years back, and I get really worried about my cats' health, so I'm hoping this will be a great site to get resources & advice on cat health.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I don't have enough experience with health issues to advise you, other than to say if the vets can't find a medical reason for the recent fur loss, then you might consider whether it could be stress-related. I hope you were able to get answers from your vet the other day. If not, perhaps you should start a new thread in the health section with more details. I hope Lampshade is feeling better soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts