Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning everyone, I am new to the group. Two weeks ago, I rescued a kitten from a cold Manitoba winter. As I was arriving to work for the night shift, standing outside speaking with co-workers I heard a loud "meowing" in the distance. As I scanned the streets to see where it was coming from, out from under my car popped a tiny little kitty. The amazing thing is as I was standing around talking to other people, this kitten litterally came running down the back lane tio the sound of my voice. As she got close, she cried and cried, and as I picked her up I realized she was really a gorgeous little kitten. Being that I lost my previous cat 8 months prior, I had already been pondering another for some time. Now the bizzare part....... During my time of considering a new cat, I had looked at the Bengals and specifically the snow Bengals, and here right in front of me is a kitten that resembled one, I could hardly believe it! She had me at "MEOW".....

So skip forward, she has been putting on weight quickly on a fresh fish based diet. Her personality may be her strongest attribute. She rarely leaves my side, is a huge snuggler, playful, bright and an absolute pleasure to be around. I have now decided she will stay, and no longer have plans to find a home for her, as she now has a permanent home.

One thing I would love to know, is her exact color. I am far from a cat expert. To me she resembles a seal point but I am really not sure. Thanks!

IMG02037-20120120-1259.jpg

IMG01834-20120104-1459.jpg

IMG02033-20120120-1258.jpg

IMG01885-20120106-1329.jpg

IMG02133-20120124-0930.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
you have what might be called a lynx point with white by some,, a cat of mixed parentage(as are most) owning one of these blue eyed monsters presently(and two others in the past) get ready for some fun..they have very strong personalities, my first one didn't accept the fact he was cat,, the second hated me from the day we rescued her(for 15 years) the third is and present is a total loveable goofball.. you think you recued her:: she had you pegged!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you have what might be called a lynx point with white by some,, a cat of mixed parentage(as are most) owning one of these blue eyed monsters presently(and two others in the past) get ready for some fun..they have very strong personalities, my first one didn't accept the fact he was cat,, the second hated me from the day we rescued her(for 15 years) the third is and present is a total loveable goofball.. you think you recued her:: she had you pegged!!!
lol! At this point, she seems to be more like the loveable goof ball type. Very bold, and fearless, and playful. I imagine her colors will change some as she gets older, should be interesting to see her at a year old. There is a Siamese I have seen in the exact same area as where I found Miss Kitty, possible it is one of the parents.....

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
shes very cute, but does have that lynx meezer cattitude about her.. seeing she was feral get her tested and vet checked if you haven't already.. picks of my gone tinker cat(the one who hated me) and of the current monster..

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shes very cute, but does have that lynx meezer cattitude about her.. seeing she was feral get her tested and vet checked if you haven't already.. picks of my gone tinker cat(the one who hated me) and of the current monster..
What strikes me is how well adjusted she is for a feral. Not at all what I would have expected. Super calm and relaxed, and very affectionate. Given that neighborhood has more feral cats than I have ever seen, I was not expecting her good nature. I will get her to the vet next week for a complete kitty package including all the tests. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your cats are gorgeous. Think she will get the blue eyes like your cutie? They appear to be showing blue in some areas now.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
from your pics they are blue, most likely will darked as she matures..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
from your pics they are blue, most likely will darked as she matures..
Thanks I can see blue starting in part of each eye. In person, it appears what some dog breeders call "ice crystal" or silver, as I have seen the color in dogs. Think you are right, and that will look very cool!

·
Registered
716 Posts
so pretty! she knew what she was doing when she found you! it was meant to be :)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I see a lot of Siamese in there. She's going to talk your ear off.

And who's massive paw is that around her in the last pic.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I see a lot of Siamese in there. She's going to talk your ear off.

And who's massive paw is that around her in the last pic.
I think I can see what your saying. She is already very loud and demanding with her food. Not like there is ever a shortage of that! Jumps on me like I'm a trampoline! Outgoing is putting it mildly....

And yes, the Siamese I did see where I found kitty I had seen there many times. It sure looked like a purebred to me.

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
Well I think you've found your "soul kitty"....it was meant to be. Her colouring is certainly unique, definitely Siamese influence with the blue eyes, and chocolate color gene, a dilute form of the sable---interesting tho that her tail is sable! I doubt that her body color will darken too much. One of the parents was likely tabby as she is exhibiting what's called the "classic tabby" pattern as opposed to the more common "mackeral tabby"=striped pattern. Definitely a very unusual coloring. Lucky you and her too!....what's her name? Oh, and welcome from another Canuck!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts